Saturday, February 14, 2009

You'll thank me when you share my politics

So I was in a wikipedia trance (that's what I'm calling it now) prompted by my friend's blog. As I was reading about Saint Hippolytus, I noticed a sidebar which gives information about feast days. "Neat!" I thought, "I wonder whose feast day it is today..."

Then I felt kind of stupid.

Then I looked it up anyway and it turns out that today is ALSO the feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, which doesn't seem quite fair. They have a bunch of different feast days, though, so I won't get too upset.

Here is what Dinosaur Comics has to say on the subject of Valentine's Day.

If you read this comic a lot, then it is not really surprising if I tell you that I often remind myself of T-Rex.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago I was cleaning the kitchen and thinking about racism. As in, racist people now are obviously bad, but what about old-timey racists? They didn't have exposure to other belief systems, so what happened to them after they died? It's all well and good for us to ignore these things and judge people by the standards of their time, but I don't really think the afterlife works that way. I got distracted by something shiny.

So, the next day, I'm on the internet reading the comics, and I get to this. See, it's not creepy that there was a comic about something I was thinking about before. That happens all the time with this comic. It's that it happened at the same time. I have concluded that maybe I need to get out more.

Which I will totally do once people are speaking to me again (February always brings the drama) and I don't have a 101-degree fever (February also always brings the illness).

1 comment:

vicmarcam said...

Didn't you just get over strep throat? What are you doing sick again so soon? I hope you feel better soon. And I hope you have some DVDs to watch while you recover.
I suppose instead of getting out more, you could just stay in and call or e-mail the author of Dinosaur Comics and let him write down what you're thinking. You'd make his job much easier.